NetSuite Consultant Seattle and Portland
NetSuite Financials - Senior Consultant
The ideal candidate will be able to provide functional leadership for assigned project role focused on implementing NetSuite applications and any relative solution design, business process analysis, and system integration for our clients. They will provide functional NetSuite Financials application leadership and guidance to client regarding "best practices" and the functionality of the software modules through all phases of an implementation.
- Functional Lead: Work with client to develop business solution designs to ensure that business requirements are met. Assist in documenting and performing application set ups for test instances. Thoroughly review application set up and configuration with the appropriate client lead to obtain sign off. Raise issues and work resolutions as they come up to ensure adherence to the project schedule. Work with the respective client functional lead to ensure knowledge transfer. Participate with the respective client functional lead throughout system testing. Provide guidance to the respective client functional lead in the preparation of training materials and class agendas.
- Define systems’ strategy, develop systems requirements, design and prototype, test, train, define support procedures, and implement practical business solutions under multiple deadlines.
- Collaborate with clients, identify engagement follow-on opportunities, and offer solutions for business problems.
- Project Relationship Building: Build rapport with client project team, client employees and OnPlan consultants.
- Project Support: Support project team for successful delivery of the client’s business requirements through all phases of the implementation. Lead weekly project status meetings for assigned team and actively participate in project’s weekly status, and/or, issues meetings.
- Staff Support: Acts as mentor for the professional growth of project team personnel, and will provide guidance and support to strengthen skills of all project team members assigned to the projects they manage.
- Leadership: Encourage teamwork and positive working relationships within the project team for all consultants and client members and throughout OnPlan.
Skills and Abilities
- Familiarity and knowledge of GAAP accounting practices, including, double-entry bookkeeping, segregation of duties, accrual accounting, etc.
- Financial Reporting: General business experience structuring chart of accounts for business and accounting requirements. General financial reporting: P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, intercompany, tax books.
- Accounts Payable / Accounts Receivable / Fixed Assets / Cash Management: General knowledge of or experience with receivables, payables, cash management and fixed assets accounting and operational practices. Familiarity with sub-ledger setups that affect GL accounting.
- General Ledger (GL) experience: Experience with 2 or more implementations of the General Ledger (GL) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of those modules. Experience with Multi-Org setup (Set of books, legal entities, operating units); chart of account design and setup required.
- Payables (AP) experience: Experience with at least one implementation of the Payables (AP) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module. Familiarity with PO setups related to Payables (receiving, approval hierarchies, etc).
- Receivables (AR) experience: Experience with at least one implementation of the Receivables (AR) module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module.
- Fixed Assets: Experience with at least one implementation of the Fixed Assets module, with responsibility for designing the solution, setting up and documenting the setup of this module. Familiarity with ADI usage for Fixed asset data loads and FA reporting extracts.
- Other Applications: Familiarity and exposure to iExpense, eBusiness Tax, and Cash Management is a plus
- Communicates effectively in both written and verbal formats.
- Resolves problems in a timely and effective manner, involving project management as appropriate.
- Successfully manages relationship with clients and colleagues. Effectively produces deliverables.
- Coaches and develops others on project team.
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate relevant risks during bid development and project execution.
- 5 years experience as field consultant implementing NetSuite applications with progressively increasing leadership responsibilities.
- 3 years experience working with NetSuite financials applications (GL, AP, PO, AR, FA, CE, eBusiness Tax, Payments, iExpense, iProcurement).
- Proficient in a minimum of 3 applications with knowledge of 3-4 perimeter applications.
Environmental and Physical Demands